LHD100 Series - Frequently Asked Questions
Relevant Models / Series: LHD100 Series (LHD104, LHD108)
Downloads / Upgrades Available: Click here
- Q: How can I correct strip lines or shaking in the image from one of my cameras?
- Q: How do I view my DVR on the PC using Internet Explorer?
- Q: How do I connect to my DVR on the PC using Client Software?
- Q: How do I view my DVR on Mac?
- Q: How do I playback recorded footage on the DVR?
- Q: What is the default user name and password for the system?
A: If the BNC cable connection to the DVR is too tight, it may cause strip lines or a shaking effect in the image.
Example of strip lines
To correct this, make sure to include some slack in the BNC cable when connecting the cameras to your DVR.
If the issue persists, try the following:
- Ensure that the video cable also includes slack where it connects to the camera.
- Make sure that your extension cable is a maximum of 300ft and follows the requirements specified in this guide.
- Connect the camera to the DVR using a different extension cable. If strip lines or shaking stops, the original extension cable may be damaged.
A: You must install ActiveX plugins to connect to the DVR on PC using Internet Explorer. After entering your DVR's IP or DDNS address in the address bar, follow the prompts to install the ActiveX plugins.
If you are still having difficulty connecting using Internet Explorer, it is recommended to use the Client Software provided on the CD or in the downloads tab for the LHD100 Series. See the following question for instructions on using the Client Software for PC.
A: Follow the steps below to connect to the DVR on PC using Client Software.
NOTE: To connect to your DVR over the Internet, you must port forward ports 80 and 3000 on your router to your DVR's IP address and register your DVR for Lorex DDNS.
- See the Easy Connect Wizard - Auto Port Forwarding your Router or Port Forward a Router guides for more information on port forwarding.
- Click here to register your DVR for DDNS.
To connect to the DVR on PC using Client Software:
- Install the Client Software for PC from your CD or from the downloads tab for LHD100 Series.
- Double-click the Lorex HD Client icon () on the desktop.
Click Site. The Site List opens.
Enter the following:
- Site Name: Enter a name for your DVR. This can be anything of your choice.
IP Address: Enter the DVR's DDNS address or local IP address.
- Press on the front panel of the DVR to find the DVR's local IP address.
For the DDNS address, enter your URL Request followed by .lorexddns.net (e.g. tomsmith.lorexddns.net).
- Port: Enter the DVR's Client Port (default: 3000).
- User Name: Enter the DVR's User Name (default: admin).
- Password: Enter the DVR's Password. By default the Password field is left blank.
- Click Add.
- Click Connect. The Client Software connects and streams live video from your cameras.
A: A Client Software is available to view your cameras on Mac. See this FAQ for instructions on how to install the Client Software and connect to your DVR on Mac.
A: From Live View, click PLAY to open Playback mode. See the Instruction Manual for instructions on navigating playback mode and advanced playback options.
A: The default user name for the system is admin and the default password is 000000. By default, passwords are disabled and are not required to access local system menus or to log into the system remotely (i.e. over the Internet or a LAN) using a PC or Mac.
NOTE: The system password is required to log into the system remotely using a smartphone or tablet even when passwords are disabled.
It is essential to enable passwords on your system and create your own passwords to ensure that unauthorized people cannot gain access to your system. See below for details on enabling passwords and changing the default password.
To enable passwords and change the default password:
- From Live Viewing mode, right-click to open the Main Menu. Click Setup then System.
Click Modify next to Users and select admin.
- Check Password to enable passwords.
Click Password and use the on-screen keyboard to change the password
- Click Modify. Click Save. Then click Exit to return to Live Viewing mode.
Last Updated: 8/29/2013