July 7, 2014
Location: Longueuil, Québec, Canada
I bought a DVR ECO BlackBox2 LH020 Series with 2 wireless security cameras LW2277 on June 19, 2014 by internet.
The delivery was in three days the same week.
Even if my English is far from a high level, I will try to describe my experience.
The scope was to survey the outdoor of my house.
Read carefully the instructions and the manual; for example if you don't see the arrow of the mouse, you have to press three times 0 (zero); this advice is only in the manual.
The most difficult part is to install the camera on the right place, especially for outdoor use !!.
I began by placing the 2 cameras (outlets, cables, etc); after that I made all the connections for the cameras outside and all the connections for the DVR and receivers inside.
Be very careful to protect the outlets and the Power Adapters; do not let the rain affect them.
I had already a display. I started all the equipment.
I adjust the receivers of the 2 cameras, so the signal became very good;
Do not forget to change the default password !!!
Everything worked fine.
But now, you must protect the cameras; so :
- I made a wood shield for each cameras to protect them: rain , vandalism (if possible), direct sunlight ; the only part that is not protected is the front of the cameras; do not forget, the temperature must be between -10 Celsius (14 F) and + 50 Celsius (122 F); that's why, at the end of the autumn I will put both cameras inside, because we have -31 Celsius during the winter.
- I made tests during the day to verify if the view is what I want.
- I checked different hours during the night: 21:00, 22:00, 24:00, 02:00, 05:00. (Don't worry, I slept very well, I use the playback to check all this !)
- If the cameras is ''looking'' by a hole you need a largest hole in front of the cameras; If the hole is not large enough, you will see very well during the day but during the night you will see nothing, just a gray hallo because the infra red needs a largest angle.
It is a big difference between the day (color) and the night (gray).
I had an incident when I thought that everything is fine: one of the cameras (the most important for me), stopped connecting at 16:32; she worked fine all the week; I observed that, the next day. I play backed until I found the hour, but I did not found en explanation; what I did ? I unplugged the cable and plugged again; she start to work very well. It's happened sometimes with wireless connection.
This could be very embarrassing when you really need to see what's happened at home when you are in Europe for example !!!
I put a UV lamp between the camera and the ''target'', during the night; nothing bad happened; the camera don't seemed blinded by the UV lamp, or even by a white dell solar lamp.
During the day, at 15 m between the camera and a person, you cannot distinguish very well the person (his face for example) .
To check easier, I downloaded the application for iPhone and iPad; the iPad helped me a lot; I can see what's happening at home by iPhone or iPad when I am not in the town.
I tried a lot of options that the BlackBox2 offer (for example private zone, etc).
- the price is fair:
- The equipment work very well.
- I am satisfied !!