The next generation of 1080p HD network security systems is here. The LNR42 features our 4-channel LNR300 Series network video recorder (NVR). It also comes with two 1080p weatherproof bullet IP security cameras with outstanding night vision capabilities. These top-of-the-line full 1080p HD network cameras bring a heightened level of detail and clarity to your home or business surveillance needs. Don’t miss a thing with HD quality - it can be the difference in identifying vital details such as faces or license plate numbers.
The combination of the LNR300 NVR and the LNB2153B bullet security cameras will provide you with full 1080p high definition footage. The HD image sensor records footage at 30 frames-per-second (FPS) to deliver exceptionally smooth on-screen movement so your security system doesn’t miss a single moment. Digital-Wide Dynamic Range backlight compensation provides clear detailed images where very bright and very dark areas are in the same field of view. 3D digital noise reduction (DNR) technology filters noise from your image for a cleaner, more accurate image.
The LNR42 security system utilizes power-over-ethernet (PoE) technology for an easy and flexible installation process. With PoE technology, each camera only needs a single cable run to connect it to the NVR. This all-in-one ethernet cable provides both power and video transmission up to 300ft / 91m (click here to purchase extension cables). This allows you to install your cameras where you need them most without the need for a nearby power outlet.
Eliminate complicated network setups and port-forwarding issues by connecting your security system to our Stratus cloud service. With iOS®, Android™ and PC options, your security system will always be at your fingertips. Just download the free app for your smartphone, tablet or computer, scan the QR code on your DVR and start viewing your system securely online. See what your cameras see (or watch recorded playback) virtually anywhere in the world.
Be confident that your security cameras will be there for you when you need them most, even during the darkest hours of the night. Capture the details you need around-the-clock with the LNB2153B’s infrared (IR) LEDs that can up to 150ft away in typical night time ambient lighting and up to 100ft away total darkness.
You can count on year-round security coverage from the LNB2153B HD security cameras. Whether in torrential downpours or furious snowstorms these IP66 rated weatherproof security cameras can persevere. The aluminum housings and vandal resistant cable pass through designs add extra protection for safe outdoor use.
Safely store weeks (if not months) of recorded footage on to the high-capacity 1TB security certified hard drive within the LNR300 NVR. Not your ordinary hard drive, this HDD is engineered to be in the constant operation. It can even continue to record while you watch recorded footage. Pre-schedule recording times or adjust the NVR to record at a lower resolution to extend available hard drive space. You can also save storage space by recording only when movement is detected.
1. Mirror recording requires a second hard drive (not included) to be installed in the NVR. Mirrored hard drive must be as large or larger than the primary hard drive to backup all recordings. Backup begins from when the mirrored hard drive is installed and configured.
2. Instant Mobile Viewing on iPad®, iPhone®, Android (version 2.3 & above). Mobile phone data plan is required (not included). Router port forwarding required. For the latest smart phone compatibility list check www.lorextechnology.com as new smart phone models become available in the market.
3. Requires a high speed internet connection and a router (not included). An upload speed of 1Mbps is recommended for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time.
4. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in total darkness and in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection / absorption level of object.
5. Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.
6. 1 minute discovery time when connecting a new camera to NVR.
† Smart Phone & Tablet Compatibility: iPad®, iPhone®, Android (version 2.3 & above). Mobile phone data plan is required (not included). For the latest compatibility list check www.lorextechnology.com as new models become available in the market.
Help other customers make decisions about this product... tell us what you think!
You will be required to have an account with Lorex to provide a review... You can see your approved reviews in your "My Lorex Account" section.
Purchased this system to monitor my farm house and shop, when I'm not there. Fast shipping, love the POE, installation was straight forward and picture quality is very good, all for a good price.
Location: Missouri City, Texas
I love this system, The setup was a breeze, and the picture quality is excellent. It is also very easy to search by times and date or even by motion activity.
This is a fine product at a reasonable price.
Awesome product suits all my needs and shipping to Canada was amazingly fast i highly recommend this kit to a first time camera installer was up and running in less than a hour ..Next purchase will be adding a thermal camera
Location: Up State NY
Works as claimed. Easy to mount and wire, 250 ft Cat5e runs with no problems. Basically plug, aim and play. Good images.
This is my second Lorex system. This system was even easier to install and get up and running. I had the Internet capability set up and working in less than an hour. Highly recommend this system.
Location: New York
camera is solid, picture is clear, easy to adjust angle.
NVR is kind of big, software support is lacking, app not working well with android phone.
Location: Halifax, NS
Excellent product supported by excellent customer service and technical support. Very easy to install and use. Highly recommend.
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Installation is a breeze
- The Stratus cloud-based access is so much easier than the old method of manually punching through firewalls and maintaining a dynamic DNS account.
- Picture qulity in the daytime is excellent and at night it's a bit reduced - as expected - but still HD.
- Infra-red illumination is quite good.
- Video is H.264 and quality is very good
- A low-res sub-stream is available during live viewing for low-bandwidth access
- Expansion to 8 TB allows for lot of archiving
- Download of video files very easy and straightforward
- The client app on the desktop will only run with Administrator access which makes no sense. If Lorex changed it to use %USERPROFILE% in the save paths instead of C:\Lorex it wouldn't need admin rights.
- Live viewing of the main stream is not a constant 30 fps. It shows every frame but it gets jittery especially when there's motion. Playback of recorded video is smooth.
- Date and camera name imprints are either white or black depending on the background but they can still be hard to read. Instead they should be white text with a black outline so they'll always be legible.
- Event playback starts 30 seconds before the selected event, making it hard to quickly browse through events seeing what triggered each one. It should start just 1 or 2 seconds before the event so you can quickly see what the event was. At least allow this time to be configurable.
- Searches require two dates to be entered to limit the search window. It should also offer options like "last 24 hours", "last hour" and "last X hours" with X being a user-entered number.
- Event search limited to a 24 hour window
- Playback is split into continuous mode or event/alarm mode. Event mode won't allow viewing of video outside of the events. This requires one to make a note of the event time and switch modes to watch the continuous video. This needs to be combined so that continuous mode shows event markers and events are searchable with the continuous video stream also being accessible.
- Remote playback only shows the main HD stream making it hard to view video on mobile connections
- Android app is clumsy, especially in playback mode. Live mode is good though.
This is a solid system with some rough edges around the user experience. I'd recommend it.
Location: Houston, TX
Lorex provided excellent customer and technical support for this fabulous Network Video Recording system purchase and its installation. Lorex netHD Stratus App connectivity to smartphone turned out to be a breeze and is working effortlessly. I would highly recommend Lorex and its NVR systems for a high quality security system in any household.
Easy to install picture quality is good especially at night. App is ok, would like the option to fast forward when watching recordings. I would recommend this product.
Location: Portage, In
Plug and play installation is very easy, great picture from cameras. Pairing with Iphone was simple. Menu and on screen software appears to be something from the 80's like DOS. Instructions not clear on motion detection recording and storage. Overall I would purchase it again.
Location: Middle Sackville, NS
Excellent product. Excellent picture quality. Super easy to install. True plug and play. Bought this system for home. Also bought another system for office.
Location: Quebec, Canada
Easy to install, i read and follow instructions and plug everything and the system has begin right away. I appreciate it.
The camera's self initiated themselves into the system that made it easy to live view and playback simple. It was easy to setup remote view on iphone and ipad. Desktop PC was a little difficult. I needed to find the right system and software. The motion detection and email setup was difficult at first, but got easier the more i tinkered with it. I work in the IT field, so I understood the directions easier. If this was a person not familiar with technology this would be tough to setup without help.
Location: Bethlehem PA
Purchased this on sale at the local BJ's. I was replacing the Logitech system which no longer is supported. Installed the 4 cameras easily. Nice that it uses one cable (POE) like the Logitech- so the cable hookup was easy. NVR installed quickly- detected the cameras right away. Image quality is excellent. HDMI output directly to my computer- no problems. Takes a little exploring to get used to the menu system and where every thing is located- but once I did I setup motion detection and alerts. I did have to call support when it came to sending out motion alerts - couldn't get the Lorex email server to work. The support person helped me to get the Gmail server to work and now everything is working to my expectations. The only thing I wish this system had was the ability to send alerts to multiple email addresses like my Logitech did. Image quality is excellent. Actually I went out and bought another system for backup. Would highly recommend.
Location: San Jose, CA
I purchased the LNR42 Installed it over a couple weekends. The hardest part for DIY installation of this system is line routing as I need to run the lines through crawl space. So far all the cameras are up and running. The actual system setup on both NVR and Mobile/PC are very easy with no glitches, except the email alert setup. For email alert, the Lorex default email server is not working for some reason. I didn't bother to call tech support to figure it out. Instead, I setup it up to use my yahoo email server. Works like a charm now. Very happy with the product.
Location: Nor Cal
I purchased the LNR from Costco.com and had it installed over the weekend. I have been impressed with the product. Both it's build and it's ability. But I have been most impressed with their technical support. I needed some help with some set up and had a few technical questions and called at 5:00 pm or so California time and spoke with the coolest cat named Dallas. He never rushed be and made sure I new everything I needed and shared some cool short cuts and tricks. Way above and beyond on a Friday night. So far this has been a great investment.
purchased 4 channel model with 2 cameras 8-30-15 after extensive research. Seems q-see and night owl are main competitors. Customer support based on reviews for lorex have been more positive, after all you want someone to stand behind their product. Set system up with very little difficulty on android phone for flir app. So far works well. Setting system up on iPad was good but when opening app it takes longer for live stream to occur. Not too happy about that. Wish this system came with 100 ft cables as opposed to 60ft would have made install a little simpler. Didn't want to spend close to 100 bucks for cables as I like to keep all products within same company to prevent parssing the buck if any issues arise. Overall good picture quality, so many features still trying to optimize them to my liking. Called customer service once as I had problems seeing cameras on 1080p TV that apparently is outdated for this systems requirements. Just went and purchased monitor and was good to go. So far so good time will always tell how good product really is. Will post any problems in future reviews if they happen.
Location: Lake Ozark, MO
System is a breeze to setup. 1 wire for power and networking makes it simple to cable. The user interface on the device itself is a bit outdated, BUT you rarely need to access it direct. I setup remote viewing on my mobile phone by simply taking a picture! Scan the code and the system sets itself up for mobile viewing. Many services included in system such as a Dynamic DNS service if your IP address changes and email server for sending alerts. Great value for the money. Last and most important, the picture is amazing.
Location: Washington DC
Great system, low cost and expandable. Amazing 1080p picture. I love it
Location: Jensen beach, FL
Purched the LNR182C4 1080p system from BJ's on sale saved 200.00 dollars. Very happy with my choice. Set up took approx. 6 hrs most of time was spent running Cat5 in the attic down the walls. 3 days later still up and running and the system is working great. Followed the advice of another reviewer set the systems up and made sure everything works. Then with one camera on I held it up to were I wanted to install it and viewed it on the monitor to see if the spot was good. POE cable is genius one plug and the cameras are on. Push (motion) notification working need to adjust the sensitivity. Installed the Flir's cloud app on my Android phone connected easily also installed on my wife's IPhone took a little longer but is working great. Take some advice go to Lorex's web site and download the Manuel I,m not a computer savvy person took some to read but a much better understanding of the system and how to work it. Would I recomend the system absolutely !!!!!!!.
I purchased this product at BJ but when installed it does not stop beeps. I even disabled the motion and it stills beeps. I need some advise to stop the beeping. all the camera are working properly.
Unimpressed with software; installation instructions; on-line support; qic-guides instructions do not match product; software will not install on win 7 ultimate;
Location: Fulton, MD
I purchased the NVR100 and (4) 1080p HD camera's from BJ's Wholesale Club. This package was very reasonably priced, and the camera's provide excellent resolution. It's amazing that you can clearly see and record up to 100 feet away in complete darkness without any type of lighting. The quality and clarity provided by this package is ..great.. The 4TB hard drive can record 24 hours a day up to approximately two weeks. I'd recommend this package to anyone looking for an outdoor security system.