Multi-tasking has become a necessity in today's busy world, not only at work, but at home. Giving you the option to check in at home from your computer or smart phone, the LIVE Connect is a true breakthrough for parents, families, pet-owners, caregivers and anyone else who feels the need to keep an eye on what matters to them most.
Model no.: Live-Connect-Series
Keep tabs on your sleeping beauty hours after lights-out.
100% digital technology ensures a private and secure signal between the camera and handheld monitor.
View video from anywhere in the world using Skype™
LIVE Connect is compatible with iPhone™, iPad™, PC and Mac, which makes remote viewing convenient. All you have to do is create a personal Skype account (if you don't already have one), another Skype account for your system and then add your system as your Skype contact. Now log into Skype and simply call your system to watch live video. The included internet gateway is what enables this simple connectivity. It connects to your home router and does not require you to configure your router or leave your computer running. It is designed to provide 24/7 simple connectivity via Skype.
1. Rechargeable battery life up to 4 hours. Battery pre-installed in the baby video camera. Power adapter included for continuous non-portable use.
2. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption level of object.
3. Digital Wireless range up to 150ft indoors. Actual range may vary depending on obstructions.
4. microSD™ memory card and SD card adapter included. Resolution limited to 320x240, for viewing on handheld monitor or sharing on social media sites. Audio recording not supported
5. Local viewing on handheld monitor for up to 4 cameras, one camera at a time. Additional cameras sold separately (model: LW2031AC1)
* Internet monitoring via Skype™ requires registration for a free Skype™ account for both gateway and personal account. Remote viewing over the internet requires high speed internet and a router (not included). Mobile charges may apply if accessing through cellular network, check with your local service provider. You cannot simultaneously watch video on handheld monitor and remotely via Skype™ Handheld monitor for local viewing takes priority, however a notification will show you that someone wants to connect remotely. See manual for more details.
Help other customers make decisions about this product... tell us what you think!
You will be required to have an account with Lorex to provide a review... You can see your approved reviews in your "My Lorex Account" section.
Location: Santiago, Chile
Very bad product. When I bought this camera I thought that was a great product but I was wrong. To me, the monitor worked only a few times (no more than 15), after that it didn't turn on anymore. I spent about 90 dollars (camera + shipping) and was the worst investment that I've ever done.
Location: Miami, FL
This product worked well for me up until the monitor stopped being able to take a charge after only six month of use. It took quite a while to get a replacement, and then the new monitor and camera were not reading each other and would not work. It takes a bit for Lorex people to get back in touch with you once you have submitted a complaint. Still have yet to get the troubleshooting instructions from the company. It is a shame because I loved this product prior to this happening.
I've had my baby monitor since Nov'12 and had no problems keeping the cameras online and paired for Skype and the handheld monitor. Now I can only keep the camera online and paired to either Skype or the handheld monitor but not both. I put in a tech support ticket as of June 7th and it's now June 19th and have had no responses. Calling tech support can be very time consuming. The last time I called in it took 30 min. to get 1st line tech support. They couldn't solve the problem and they put me on hold for another 45 min. to get to 2nd line support. I thought by logging into their support website and getting a support ticket I may have gotten a response by now. I would suggest calling in and paying the price of long hold times. The other option is looking at other companies offering the same features.
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Great product! I love the large screen and easy setup. The picture is really clear even with the night vision. Great sound as well. I use this everyday!
My daughter purchased this in Dec 2011 for friend who was expecting. Turns out the friend received a different baby monitor and my daughter didn't get around to returning it. Now my elderly father-in-law has moved in with us and we need to keep an eye on him from the kitchen while preparing dinner. The camera set up with the hand held monitor was simple and the picture is amazingly clear. The battery in the hand held monitor would not charge up, so we have to use it plugged in, and I could not find information about ordering a replacement battery on the Lorex website. I found Nokia BL-5C Li-Ion Batteries on Amazon, which I've ordered--hope they are the correct replacement product but I am only guessing. The manual has instructions on how to replace the battery but no information on what replacement battery use!
Initially I connected the Gateway device and I could see it on "my network places" on my computer. I followed the instructions and ended up with a controller icon installed on my computer, modeled after the handheld monitor device. The icon was big and blocked my view of other icons on my computer desktop. It was slow to respond when I tried to minimize it, usually taking forever to close down. I think it was "looking" for the camera but wasn't able to connect to it for some reason. Eventually I uninstalled the software, thinking that I would try again. Now I can't see the Gateway device on "my network places."
I called technical support even though it has been more than one year since the date of purchase (although the box had never been opened). I waited in the queue for almost 30 minutes without getting through--it was the Friday evening at the start of Memorial Day weekend, so I will try again after the holiday. Tech support was supposed to be available until 8pm and I had called at 7:30.
In short, a fair amount of frustration. I hold out hope that I've ordered the correct replacement battery and that technical support will be able to help me with the gateway device after the holiday weekend. I wish my daughter had returned this when it turned out her friend didn't need it. Then I wouldn't be dealing with an out-of-warranty product even though it is brand new, just out of the box.
I bought the baby monitor for my elderly parents who are fall risks. I can check in on them and the caregivers whenever there is an issue with their health. The only issue I've had is with the charger that went bad after 6 months and we had to replace it. Also getting Tech Support can be a challenge. I've been on hold for more than 30 minutes and still couldn't get anyone so I gave up.
Great monitor but when we recieved the monitor the battery never worked so we had to keep it plugged in...But when plugged in it kept us watching baby. Then 7 months later they monitor cord would not keep charge and then the picture started to flicker and now we are trying to get a replacement.
This product is better than the non-skype version as I have owned both because it can handle a greater range than the the other one . Compared to the other baby monitors we saw and used from the traditional baby stores such as Toy R Us and Target this met our needs the best because of:
1. The portability is the best. The screen isn't too big. It can easily fit in your hand and has a battery so it doesn't have to be plugged in.
2. The price is way cheaper especially if you wait for the sale on the Lorex site. By $100s from the Summer brand
3. The skype feature is very convenient now as we have watched our son from our mobile phones when we are out. Which is great for the peace of mind.
4. The ability to view multiple cameras on one screen. This works well when friends or family visit with small children and sleep in different rooms or if you have second child.
5. Travel to countries outside the US which need 220 V is not a problem. The other SUMMER monitor which we had before buying this one short circuited even with a transformer.
6. Hands down no other monitor that we have tried has been able to compete in terms of the range of service. We have 3 level home and we would never get reception in the basement with the other monitors. This wasn't a problem with this monitor.
7. Works well in day and night conditions
The only issues we have run into with the monitor were:
1. The battery dies if you leave the monitor with the battery in it for weeks without charging it. The solution was simple. We remove the battery from the monitor if we are not going to use it for weeks.
2. We broke the usb charging port on the monitor after years of use. This was with the cradle charger because you have to fiddle with it before aligning it correctly (this was with the non-skype version). However, on the new the skype version they don't give a cradle so this problem gets eliminated.
3. This is not really and issue but an observation. The resolution of the screen is not as crisp but it is sufficient for a baby monitor. I say this because the summer monitor did have a clearer resolution. We have not had problems with not knowing what is going on in the room.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Skype feature is great
Easy. Delivers as Promised,
Location: Austin, Tx
A few down sides, but good for in-home monitoring.
The camera works out of the box, and this is the biggest plus for this system. The hand held monitor is very clear and the infrared works well. The pictures and videos are a little small, but the quality is fairly good. When this system is connected to our network, we can notice a difference in the speed of our wireless in some devices. It also takes while to connect to the video when you call in remotely via Skype. The battery life of the camera is also very low, around three hours and went dead. I wish they would have focused on the features that do work well and left the wireless camera part out and just made it plug into the wall for power. I think this system is great for in-home use where you can turn on the monitor and keep an eye on a particular area of your home.
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Meets my expectations, great little monitor system
Location: New York , United States
Location: Goochland, VA USA
Good for more than monitoring babies
Location: Central Florida
I haven't signed up for Skype yet but this monitor suits my needs
I have a daughter whom I have to keep an eye on at all times because she's special needs. However, sometimes I need to be in another room working on a story. I can leave the camera wherever she is in the house and take the video monitor with me and I can glance at the monitor from time to time and make sure she's okay. In addition to seeing her, I can also hear whatever's going on in her room. This gives me peace of mind without having to hop up every few minutes to go check on her. With the Lorex LW2031 I can also eventually be able to check up on her when I'm out of the house, using Skype and an iPhone, neither of which I'm in a hurry to try right now because my work keeps me at home. I'm very pleased with the in-home monitoring.
Location: Hanover, NH USA
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Wow, so great!
Location: United States
Keeps You Up to Speed,
As a wireless moniter system, it works great!
Location: OH, USA
Impressive new product hits the market,
Location: Southwest Mich., United States
What a world we live in!
Location: New Jersey
Great live monitoring